The bottom line of this perhaps rather long narrative, is not, as I initially started out as a perhaps green, green badge cab driver, who did not move to the valley of Diesel “Ilford” with the obligatory new cab, wife, mortgage and two kids.

No one more surprised than I at the realisation of what has materialised, a first hand description humiliation and deprivation of the British working class from the 1930's.

This erosion brought about entirely by deliberate policy of successive governments.. and the ten draconian years of Tony Blair who deliberately, for whatever reason, encouraged the influx of irrepresible waves of the World's disenchanted onto these shores, by doing so, creating a powerful, intimidating, devisive weapon against the indigenous labouring masses and a hard core of … crime, poverty and unemployment… the triple iron fist of all governments,plus Enron, 9/11, Afghan conflict over oil, Kosovo all emphatically used by Blair; any outcry was by "politically incorrect racists" as Dr David Kelly was to find to the cost of his life.

The differential between rich and poor, is greater now, than during the Middle Ages.

Not quite the end….

Brahms 2nd Piano…


This page, simply for my own benefit, as indeed the whole previous saga has been, my own private "Coronation Street", if you like. Realize there is so much missing… that I should start again… again, from the time I first discovered Romania... more has happened to me of significance in these years than any other period of my long existence... eclipsing the Australian years… The end of those culminated here, in Bucuresti last Xmas, a strange, unforeseeable twist, with the appearance of my son and grandchild... an event after, after what?? half a century.. My biggest anticlimax ...

There is also the Laura affair... always considered her just another female face… she now 18 years old … a woman in every respect, a woman to be reckoned with.. This has gone on, almost in the sidelines.

Cynthia has shoved this juxtaposition together complete "with pictures" in her deeply determined, deeply methodical way... She, who ignores my sleeping with Laura, when here, which is quite often... but steps even further… more "extreme" as the man said.. Cyn having now found a fifteen year old, who's mother appealed to the World for help via the media, saying she has no money (not uncommon) would someone please help… take her eldest daughter and educate her… give her some hope… (She does have three others to support.. no man) We have her here with us, now. Laura... we ….. look upon her as another challenge, at this moment, a simple country girl..

..They have all relatively been that, have all done rather well on my so limited recourses and my prodding. Cyn always maintains I should have been paid in some way for my efforts in resurrecting these people, this flotsam…but I was hardly paid in Townsend house, all along realizing I did it as I have done everything else in my existence.. because I wanted to ..the "how much?" factor never really considered
A certain cynicism from those, the majority, who have never stuck their necks out, those who have never done the smallest thing other than consider themselves.. My probable ultimate summing up of this Planet being.. a sad one …
As always reiterated throughout this long, so long narrative .. money and sex the only motivation of the 21st Century…"The only Gods," as someone remarked. Greed. Avarice, Contempt, paramount.. running relentlessly, remorselessly.. through all the " human beings" who are anything on Planet Earth…
Of the lower echelons, on the mountains, the snow covered plains of the Balkans.. there remains a humanity, a humility, the people of the West have no inclination of… have no wish, no desire, to know of… the suffering, the stark unrelenting poverty.. where mothers have to give their daughters away…

Ace, King, Queen, Jack……….
În numele Tatălui şi Fiului şi Sfântului Duh………

Tuesday, March 4th, 2003. 2.30.p.m.
.P.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu